Rough Rider Parents and Athletes,
As many of you know, Portage County has moved from level purple back to level red on the Covid 19 Ohio Public Health Advisory System. With this change in advisory levels, Kent City Schools has made the following changes to the current status of athletics, following the plan previously released to our community on December 4th.
Kent City Schools has made the decision to restart all high school and middle school athletic activities. With this restart of our athletic programs, the following timeline and guidelines will be in place –
- PRACTICE – High School and middle school winter sport teams will be permitted to resume regular practices on Saturday, December 19th, while following the recommended health guidelines of –
- Temperature checks of all players and coaches PRIOR to practice.
- Symptom check questionnaires for each athlete and coach upon arrival at practice.
- Continuous cleaning of all practice equipment.
- All coaches and players MUST remain at home if they are feeling ill or have been exposed to anyone that may be sick.
- GAMES – All high school and middle school winter sport contests will tentatively restart on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- LIFTING AND CONDITIONING – The Adam S. Hamilton Fitness Center will remain closed until further notice, with the tentative targeted restart scheduled for the week of January 18th for ALL off season lifting and/or conditioning workouts.
Any changes or updates to this plan will be communicated through the coaches, our athletic website (www.roughriderathletics.net), Twitter (@rriderathletics) and/or a One Call message.
During the very challenging year of 2020 and into 2021, Kent City Schools will continue to keep our athletic teams practicing and competing as long as it is safe for everyone, including coaches, players, parents, game staff and officials.
Stay safe, stay healthy and have a very Happy Holiday Season!